Saturday, March 9, 2013

1 Week Old!

Today is a big day for us: Coraline Mae is one week old! It's hard to believe that just one week ago at this time, little Miss Cora had opened her eyes to the world. Now our little baby girl is big enough to lovingly grasp her Daddy's fingers.

Today also marked Grandma leaving, which made all of us in the house very sad. It took all my might not to turn into a big sobbing mess, and yet it still took some comforting from the hubby to cheer me up after she left. Even though I'm 31-years-old and now a mother myself, you never stop needing your Mom. When Cora was required to stay in the hospital a day longer than expected, my Mom was the only one who could console my tears. When we did finally arrive home safe and sound, she was the ever doting Grandmother I have known her to be with my niece and nephew. She cuddled Coraline, cooing and kissing her, in addition to cooking, cleaning, shopping, and doing endless baskets of laundry. One early morning, when nothing I could do would comfort Coraline, it was Grandma who rocked her to sleep for hours. I don't know what I would do without her. We already miss Grandma tremendously! :-(

Some last minute Grandma cuddles:

Today we also had a visit from Coraline's uncle, aunt, and 3-year-old cousin. They kindly brought us flowers, lunch, and gifts for the baby girl, and spent lots of time oohing and ahhing over her. We also found out the exciting news that they are expecting another little one themselves come this October. This means 3 little cousins all born in 2013 for my hubby's family, yay babies! :-)

Cousin Mikayla loves her baby cousin! And, as you can see, Coraline was all ears during lunch:

Of course all that visiting pooped Daddy and Cora out. It's a tough life around here!!!

Being a Mommy has been better than I ever imagined. It is a huge, exhausting responsibility that I wouldn't trade for the world. Despite being up all hours and the endless feedings and diaper changes, I've never been happier--I feel incredibly lucky to have Coraline in my life.

How can you resist these kisses from the Easter bunny??

And kisses for Mommy too! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment