Saturday, April 6, 2013

Grassy spring wreath

The hubby mentioned the other day that Coraline had become the star of my blog, and admittedly, crafting has taken a back seat to Cora, who takes up about 99% of my time. Since showering, brushing my teeth, eating, and other regular activities need to be done too, sadly, crafting hasn't been much of a priority.

But once we get into a more regular schedule, one which involves me being able to use both hands at my leisure for longer than an hour, I hope to be able to create the things I dream about in my head, namely the perfect diaper bag and onsie dresses for Coraline. (Okay, okay, maybe she's on my brain 100% of the time! What can I say? I'm a proud Mommy! :-) I guess for the time being, you're just going to have to deal with posts that can be done in a half-hour, I'm sorry! Atleast I am getting better at this one handed typing thing! ;-))

Anyways, two days before Coraline arrived, I did decide to make a spring wreath for my mudroom which I never showed on here. I wish I could say that I came up with the idea of the grass, but I was inspired by this wreath I saw on Pinterest. Using another tip I found on Pinterest to make the wreath base out of foam pipe insulation at the hardware store, this thing clocked in under $10 overall--especially since we had unused insulation sitting in the basement, and the lime green "fun fur" yarn was on sale for $2 or 3 at JoAnn's.

The whole thing took a few hours total. The most time consuming part was wrapping the yarn around and around, which required a lot of wrapping (2 skeins total!). I used felt flower garland I bought in Target's $1 section, which I cut into individual flowers, and then secured them to the wreath with white sewing pins. Using some leftover scrapbook paper, I made a little flag declaration in cursive. I then tied some leftover bright blue ribbon to hang the whole thing up.

It definitely brightens the space! Now to get to cleaning the rest of the room...ha! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment