Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hanging with the cousins

Coraline spent her Saturday afternoon and evening with the hubby's family, enjoying some quality cousin time. In anticipation of our big family outing, I made Coraline her first dress (after all, a little girl has to look spiffy!).

But first we spent our morning in our jammies, snuggling, kissing, and smiling! We've been smiling a lot more recently :-)

To make her jumper dress, I used this free pattern online, but it ended up being waaay too small for Cora (my little growing girl, sniffle!), so I added elastic and buttons to the back opening for extra width, and used two layers of lace at the hem to add some extra length. The Hello Kitty fabric was from Walmarts, and the top bodice was a matching vintage fabric scrap which had this light textured diamond pattern to it. I like how it came out, but I don't love it--I see some definite areas for improvement, but it was tough since I wanted to get this dress done in a few hours (so as Tim Gunn says, "I had to make it work!").

Super Hello Kitty Cora!

Coraline was pleased to see her Great Grandma Ruth was in attendance, and of course her cuddling promptly put her to sleep:

Great Grandma Ruth also got some cuddles in with Samson, Cora's cousin, who is two weeks older than Coraline:

Cousin Mikayla was there too, and she was very happy to see Baby Cora again. She was very gentle with her. She'll be a great big sister when Coraline's new cousin shows up in October.

And here's all the cousins together with their happy grandparents, although I think Coraline was a little tired from all the picture taking...

"Looking cute all the time can be very tiring, Mommy!"

Okay, okay, only one more then: our first little family picture :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment