Tuesday, June 26, 2012

DIY Padded Seat belt Guard

Do you ever feel like your car seat belt is choking you? A padded guard can fix that! One look at my old seat belt guards was enough reason to make a new pair. The driver's side in particular looked manhandled. I'm a little ashamed to share this grungy picture:

Here's the new pair. I used a designer print, intentionally splitting the doily pattern in half. You only need one guard per seatbelt; I didn't bother making any for the backseat. The guard is made with two rectangles of fabric that have been interfaced--for the outside, I used a stiff fusible ironed to the gray Amy Butler print, and for the inside (which is not seen), I used fusible fleece on ivory muslin. Velcro runs alongside the edges to wrap the guard around the seat belt. It sounds a lot more confusing than it is!

Just in case you're still confused by my description, here's an action shot:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment