Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Little Thrifting

It's been a busy few days lately with little time for crafting. However, since we last spoke, I have now seen the band Foreigner (and can now proudly say I've heard "Cold As Ice" in person!), and today I enjoyed a lovely breakfast at The Original Pancake House with a former student who is sadly moving away to Texas. Despite all the hubbub, I was still able to squeeze in a little thrifting, and I took a few pictures to share.

I bought this little canister filled with old pins for 50 cents. I love the design and the striking colors!

My guess is this once held typewriter ribbon from the writing on the back side

I picked up this little gem from a church thrift store for 50 cents as well. A little web sleuthing makes me think this book is from the early 1900s; apparently it was printed in Bavaria. It is in rough shape overall, with the binding almost completely ripped away from the front cover. But I just loved the sassy title and the bold graphic of the maiden! There's also one vividly colored illustration opposite the title page.


I was also excited to find this half slip pattern from the company Sew Lovely. I only have a handful of patterns from this company, and this one was new for me.

This small pamphlet was marked 99 cents, and was hiding behind the magazines at the Salvation Army. I was most interested in the blue cottage basket, as seen in the upper left hand corner, which I thought could be inspiration for my own Christmas village.

The last goodie I wanted to show you today was this mail order kitty cat pattern from Women's Day Magazine, 1972. I believe they charged me 50 cents. This pattern has not one, not two, but eight different kitty patterns! Can you imagine my excitement?! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment