Thursday, February 28, 2013

Completed projects and things to go...

This week we celebrate 38 weeks pregnant, yay! Although her St. Patrick's Day due date is a few weeks off still, they are thinking baby girl may make an early arrival.  In our last ultrasound, she measured a healthy seven pounds and four ounces with tiny wisps of hair on her head!

Of course, I hope to have a few more weeks only because once I accomplish one task in anticipation of her arrival, I find another that needs to be done. My brain has turned into one big "to do" list of uncompleted projects. My burgeoning size limits my capacity, and I find that I am often frustrated by my inability to complete basic tasks, nonetheless more complicated projects. (By the way, I hate when people say that pregnancy is easy. There is nothing easy about it. It's do-able, that's for certain, but it takes a lot out of a person to grow a human being from scratch!)

Thankfully, I've finished some tasks successfully, which I'll share below, so I have been busy, despite having more than a few things to go... Maybe I'll finish everything by St. Patrick's Day?? Let's just hope she's patient like her Daddy! ;-)

Yup, in case you were wondering, Mama is hanging in there! :-) 

 Wooden letters for her room covered with scrapbook paper:

 A large tote to bring pillows and such to the hospital:

This is the same cradle my mom used when my brothers and I were little. Unfortunately, you can't readily buy a mattress for this size, so I made my own with cotton and badding. (Sorry for the dark picture here; this is in the poorly lit corner of the bedroom)

I tufted the pad (made those cross stitch "x" shapes) by hand to be able to make the whole thing washable. It took for-ever-ugh! Now all I need is a sheet to put over the pad.

Of course, she needs a place to store all her hair accessories! ;-) The hubby helped with this project which required painting a picture frame pink, adding hooks on the bottom for headbands, and stapling in the ribbon straps to hold bows (which is currently bare, I know, but I'm sure we'll fill it up quick enough!). The angel hook is something the hubby and I found thrift shopping back in Albany. (And yes, he bought her the bunny ears at Target the other day)

I glued on the pink and white ribbon rickrack around the frame and added a matching pink grosgrain bow for hanging on the back of the door. The ribbons in the center are authentic vintage in shades of pink and blue which match the room well:

 I've also been doing a little hand embroidery for the days that I'm not feeling so well. I traced this free printable Pooh image from my iPad. I'm debating on where to put the bees. The pictures make the embroidery look dingy, but I assure you they are both embroidered on bright white fabric (And I'm sorry my picture taking skills are lacking lately!!)

I began this hand embroidery when I first found out I was expecting, only uncovering it in my sewing room the other day, so a quick press and it was done. My favorite part is the metallic silver lining of the clouds! :-) I think I may make these into padded canvases to hang in her room?  Any other suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment