Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy Superbowl Sunday!


Football in our house means food. Every Sunday, I try to make a "hubby approved" football dish. During the regular season when the Buffalo Bills play, Buffalo chicken dip is very popular with the hubby.

Unfortunately, the Bills did not make it to the Superbowl (sigh!), but at least we ate well! :-) This year for the Superbowl, I went with the simple Sunday dishes of crockpot pulled pork, Mexican layered dip, and a new item: crab and cheese crescent bites.

Crockpot pulled pork is super easy--I highly suggest it! Cook pork (here I used pork chops) in stock or water in the crockpot, barely covering the meat. Set on low for several hours until the pork is fully cooked. Remove from heat and shred the meat in a separate bowl using two forks. Return to the drained crockpot on warm, adding your choice of sauce and seasonings. Yum!

For the Layered Mexican dip, we used refried beans, salsa, cream cheese, jalapenos, olives, and cheese, with a dollop of sour cream after cooking.
The crescent bites were new for me! They were similar to crab rangoons, which the hubby and I both love. We used imitation crab, cream cheese, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper in Pillsbury crescent rolls. I followed this recipe I found from Pinterest, minus the green onions, but changed to a pinched wonton shape. The hubby really liked them, but I think they needed a little more kick. Next time I'll try the green onion, or some chopped celery for crunch, and I still think it needs more seasoning, maybe some Buffalo hot sauce? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment