Friday, February 1, 2013

Nursery Sneak Peek

We are almost done with the nursery (woohoo!), and I thought I'd share a few pictures of our progress. There's still a few more things to go, so hopefully I'll be posting a full view of the room soon! :-)

4 narrow display bookshelves line one wall of the room. Many of these books I've had long before finding out about baby girl--which would explain my copy of "Kara, the Lonely Falcon" on the 2nd row ;-)

This is the same rocking chair my Mom used when I was an itty bitty baby, now repainted with white milk paint. We distressed the chair to look a little "shabby chic." You can also see a glimpse of the colorful rug beneath. I think I'd like to make some sort of padding for the chair in the future:

The hubby and I built this padded valance to display the parade fabric which we both love, love, love (personally I think it's the girl on the pink elephant!). I made the pink gingham pattern curtains out of vintage yardage from my stash: 

The hubby built these corner shelves to display her stuffed animals, adding the white scallop trim as decoration. He made matching shelves in the opposite corner. He's had the purple dragon named Figment on the top since he was a kid!

This dresser is also from my hubby's childhood, but we painted it with white milk paint to match the rocker. We also changed out the original brass handles. These "new" handles were originally in our bathroom and made of ceramic and chrome metal, but are now a bronze metal finish with a little tape and metal spray paint. 

I am still deciding on a lamp, and I am waiting for her mobile for the crib to arrive, so there's a few more things to add. I also have yet to work on her bedding and changing pad cover (I'm planning the yellow one above to be a back up), but I threw out my back earlier in the week, so unfortunately all sewing has come to a halt. Hopefully everything will be all together in the next week or two! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment