Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Flannel lovey blanket for baby

My sister-in-law is due one month before me, Valentine's Day 2013, which also happens to be my hubby's birthday. How cute would it be if they were both Valentine's babies?? Of course, I've been working on a blanket for the baby for a little while, but due to my strained back, I'm stuck at the end process of quilting and backing (it's just too hard to climb around the floor and pin it).

Today I spent a little time in my sewing room (a first in over a week!) and made the baby boy a little lovey blanket with my leftover blanket scraps. A lovey is a baby-sized blanket that Mommy is supposed to sleep with to imbue her scent and then give to baby to sleep with to calm him down.

Flannel side with ruffled edges:


Back side featuring dachshunds, which is the dog they own. Such cute little boy fabric! I only have itty bitty scraps left from the in progress larger blanket:

I'd like to embroider the plain side, but I will have to wait until they reveal his name. I'm especially proud of the ruffles, which I made using my ruffler attachment. They are so neat and tidy! Of course, I think I still need some practice--I broke two needles, whoops! Overall, though, I'm pleased with the end result! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment